News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'37 LaSalle interior window removal ?

Started by bigbeckley@outlook.com, August 26, 2020, 07:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbeckley@outlook.com

Hello everyone. How is the best way to remove the knob from the crank handles ? Getting ready to go to chrome plate. Question # 2 is how to re-install knob to window crank ? Thanks ahead of time for your ideas... John C. Lehman... CLC # 26365...

carlhungness

I think Chris Walderson at Advanced Custom Chrome.com, Erie, PA has done these. He's at 814 899-1233 and very pricey but claims to be the best in the business. I spoke with him at length and he seems extremely knowledgeable, I think he's a journeyman machinist. I think he gets about $175 per window crank.
I've looked at the knobs and they appear to be punch press installed, so removal would involve drilling and re-installation would involve deep pockets.