News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

NZ FINZ - SEPT 2020 - Check out 'Grill-in-the-mist!' CLC Aust Affiliate 30th

Started by FINZ Editor New Zealand, August 29, 2020, 07:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FINZ Editor New Zealand

Greetings from The Cadillac La Salle Club of New Zealand (Inc)

Hello everyone. September is traditionally our first month of spring. After a winter of dis-content, and I am talking about Covid-19, not just the weather, I think all us Kiwis are looking forward to sunnier days and an ‘Alert Level’ (2 or 1) that allows us to legally take the Caddy for a spin and come together, so long as we wear masks, do not hug/ touch each other, wash and sanitise our hands and keep social distancing. For us that must mean ‘you stand on one side of the Caddy and I will stand on the other’. The gap should be wide enough!

Our thoughts are with all our members NZ and world-wide that endure the ongoing nastiness of Covid-19 and the economic downturn that comes with it. We do hope all our members come out on the right side of the pandemic, health and wealth-wise. However if you need to sell your Caddy or LaSalle or memorabilia, please give club members the first right of refusal. There’s nothing sadder to learn that a Caddy (or LaSalle) left the club unbeknownst to fellow members or a collection of memorabilia found its way into a skip enroute to the dump…  Simply drop me an email and I will advertise what you have. There are always members on the lookout to care for (care-take) someone else’s pride and joy and thereby keeping it ‘in the club!

Let me tell you a little about what’s in this issue!

•   More great old cars in memory of Fred with some great Caddy examples this issue
•   Read about our friends in Australia who celebrate their 30th Affiliate Anniversary
•   Lots of newsy snippets from around the globe including two resto stories
•   Another episode of our fabulous ‘Retro-re-run’ of the cartoon series, ‘Cardillac Arrest!’
•   Coverage of our planned 2020 Cadillac Nationals in Raglan
•   Don’t forget your subs are due. If you have an annual auto payment like me, then I don’t have to think twice. For everyone else, please internet bank your sub. Details in mag. NOTE >> It is possible that this time next year, none of the NZ Banks will accept cheques anymore, so maybe it is timely to set up an auto payment with your bank. Details from Lois or on the clubs website at www.cadillaclcubofnz.org
•   And as always, plenty of colour. 

Until the next month, email me a story or some photos of the good times you had this past year so we can all share what you enjoyed. Go for a cruise, take a pic (even your Caddy on a deserted road or even in your driveway â€" maybe a great Kodak moment?), remembering to try and make them either ‘Large’ on your phone or 2+MB (no more than 5MB) on your camera (or cell phone), is always good!

Until next issue,

Yours sincerely
Ron Melville, Editor of FINZ (‘Fins’) - Monthly magazine of
The Cadillac La Salle Club of New Zealand (Inc.) and
Recipient of the Yann Saunders International Activity Award â€" 2013 and the Maurice Hendry Award â€" 2015 and International Newsletter Excellence Award â€" 2015
Winner 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 ~ ‘Old Cars Golden Quill Awards’

FINZ (‘Fins’) â€" is the Monthly magazine of
The Cadillac La Salle Club of New Zealand (Inc.)
Delivered the ‘eco-friendly way’ to your nominated email address
finzmagazineemail addresses not permitted  99 Santa Monica Drive, Papamoa 3118,
New Zealand.  Ph +64-7-557-8090 www.cadillacclubofnz.org
Check out my Real Estate website ronmelville.co.nz