News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac Air Conditioning Fitting Valves (Schrader?)

Started by Joshua, September 02, 2020, 05:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Long story short, I was charging up my original 1959 Air Conditioning system as specified in the shop manual. Unfortunately, both of my system's fitting valves got stuck in the open position and I am now unable to remove my gauges. These valves were replaced before I purchased the car. I am unable to find any information about what size they are and the shop manual does not give any specifications. I searched sites like Old Air Products, but did not find anything helpful there.

My question: does anyone know what size these valves are? There is one on the back side of the compressor and another on the gas bypass valve.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Josh  :D
1959 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 6 Window
1964 Volkswagen Type I

fishnjim

Call old air products.   817-535-2665   They would know.