News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Rubber parts for 41 Cadillac

Started by Turn2, September 02, 2020, 09:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turn2

Hello folks I need your help:
I have a 1941 series 61 4 door Cadillac that I am putting all the rubber pieces back on the car..... Here's my problem my dad took the car apart and now I am putting it together and I want to get the right rubber parts for the doors, under the hood , windows etc etc.  is there any thing that is like a schematic that I can look at and buy the right rubber parts the first time. I did the Steel rubber products book but it can be kinda confusing on what to order and how many needed.
If you have any questions or anything that might help you can text me @ 951 533-2071
Thank you for your time
Erik

carlhungness

I think a few of us have the same problem and I know of no schematic that is going to assist you. Just look carefully through the books and if possible see if you can locate another vehicle that is very similar to yours and have a look. We just had a posting asking where the trunk rubber goes, on the trunk lid or on the body, and it was posted by a pretty knowledgeable man, Ken Caskey.
I was able to look at my own '37 LaSalle and determine it goes on the lid. You may have to spend some time on the phone with the rubber suppliers too.

Turn2

Jim Govoni CLC 20546

If you go to Steele Rubber website, put your year make and model in, each piece listed has info as to where it goes on the car.
1953 Series 62 
1966 Fleetwood 
1969 deVille Convert.
1941 Series 63

Tom Boehm

I agree with the previous posters. I think your best solution is to find another 41-61 Cad to study. A good original or a good restoration. The Steele catalog is helpful but can be hazy on some items as you found out. Steele probably has everything you need. However, the years assigned to each part is not always accurate. Mostly it is.

Erik Perry

Sorry guys but just an update on the rubber products. I went to STEEL rubber and they sent me a book on the rubber parts I needed for the entire car. Funny thing is another caddy guy turned me on to a different rubber company that is out of San Diego area called "Rubber the right way" who makes all the rubber for STEEL Rubber parts for a fraction of the price. Just so you all know for saving some money.

Erik

35-709

A link to a previous thread here about Steele Rubber and Rubber the Right Way.  Rubber the Right Way is actually a reseller of Steele Rubber products.

https://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=161693.msg474372#new

A history of Steele Rubber --- https://www.steelerubber.com/about
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2