News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1975 eldo conv

Started by macdaddylong, September 05, 2020, 11:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdaddylong

So the top goes down smooth and strong but when I close it up it goes slow and sometimes needs a it of help. Any ideas on what the issue is or more importantly what the solution is  ?   Thanks people have a safe weekend
1949 Harley flathead
1967 r60 Bmw
1981 Vespa
1975 eldorado
1985 ram charger
1963 xke Jaguar

TJ Hopland

Describe what sort of help it needs and what position its in when it needs this help.

Are you doing this with the engine running?   I have seen several that appear to be in good operating condition but really seem to need those few extra volts to make it past that point where it kinda shifts from moving up to forward. 

If you are doing it with the engine running then the easiest thing to check replace would be the relay.   Its kinda an odd circuit where half the power goes through the switch and the other half through a relay.   If the relay fails it will continue to try and operate at half power which will eventually burn up the motor.    Relay is back by the motor and I believe most years same as one of the seat ones so a swap at least for testing may be possible.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

macdaddylong

Hmmmm very interesting that you mention the seat one . I didn’t know it had a relay and I was going to start another post regarding my electric seat issue ...
So the seat will move up a bit but then won’t go back ... could it also be a relay issue ?
Where exactly is the relay for seat located ?
Thanks
l
Quote from: macdaddylong on September 05, 2020, 11:24:31 AM
So the top goes down smooth and strong but when I close it up it goes slow and sometimes needs a it of help. Any ideas on what the issue is or more importantly what the solution is  ?   Thanks people have a safe weekend
1949 Harley flathead
1967 r60 Bmw
1981 Vespa
1975 eldorado
1985 ram charger
1963 xke Jaguar