News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1947 Cadillac Thermostat Brand, Degree, Source

Started by bill_boos, September 05, 2020, 06:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill_boos

Searching for thermostat replacement for 1947 Cadillac. Does anyone know the right opening temperature, a good brand and source. Trying to avoid cheap junk that will cause headaches and have to be redone.
2013 SL 550
2006 Bentley GT Continental
2003 CL 600
1947 Lincoln Continental Cabriolet
1949 Cadillac Sedan (sold years ago)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1947 Cadillac Sedanette (Just Bought Oct 2019)

fishnjim

Rock Auto shows a Delco "Pro" line for that motor.   About the best, what I use, Stant probably second.
Refer to manual for the set temp, but what they sell should be right for it unless there's a choice.   I'm going to guess 160 for a flatty.
Never know where they're made these days and certainly won't be as original.  I don't think it's that critical, and won't show.   I'd be more worried about condition of the housing and the gasket.   Just change antifreeze regularly.