News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Any idea how to get Bob from South Carolina to quit calling trying to buy my car

Started by chrisntam, September 10, 2020, 10:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

I must get a call from him once a month.  Told him a year ago mine wasn't for sale.  He asked if I knew of any for sale, told him to look on Craigslist and in the for sale section here.

He keeps calling, I no longer take his calls.  It appears he trolls through the membership directory trying to buy cars.

Is that the purpose of the CLC directory?, if so, I may opt out next time.

I can't recall his last name, but I looked him up a while back, he has some activity on the forum and he buys and turns cars.   Older guy.  Tells me he's left messages for me and that I haven't returned his call.  You'd think he'd remember our prior conversation and get a clue because I'm not returning his calls.

Anyone else getting calls?  I can try to figure out his last name, he's in Greenville, SC.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

The Tassie Devil(le)

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

His name is Bob Williams...
He's a DDDDDealer!!! He's looking for cars to fill customers requests. Tell him he can buy my 70 for 49K!! Let's see how far that goes.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

wrench

Engage him in an hour long conversation about your medical history or your vacation to the Grand Canyon...

He’ll stop calling.
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

druby

Bob Williams is his name. He has bugged and nagged me to sell my car, I told him it wasn’t for sale at this time, a phrase he doesn’t understand ! Finally I told him if I was to sell my vehicle I want $95,000 CASH thinking he’d leave me alone. I was hospitalized for 3 1/2 months and he literally bugged the hell out of me the entire time and when I returned home. A fellow member told me that he believes my car was listed on his website, low and behold there it was with photos he got off our regions website and listed for $115,000 ! I called him and told him to remove my car off his site as I never gave him permission to list or sell my car, he kept persisting that he has 2 people interested and they want to visit me. I told him I didn’t want him or anybody to visit me, mind you I was confined in a wheelchair at the time. It took several calls and weeks for him to remove the listing. When I informed him I was seeking legal action if my car wasn’t removed and only then was the listing removed.
My advice to anyone dealing with him is to be extremely firm if your not interested in dealing with him. He surely doesn’t understand the word “ NO”  !
1949 Cadillac 4DR Sedan
1952 Cadillac Convertible
1953 Cadillac Coupe deVille
1958 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood

cadillacmike68

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

chrisntam

Check me if I’m wrong, but we don’t need those kind of members in our CLC family.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

fishnjim

Nature's way - scavengers.   The buzzards of humankind.   The rise of the speed dial cell phone.
I wish it was only cars here and not the incessive sales/marketing to seniors about this or that medicare thing.
Once you're on the Govt SS list, you're free game.   I had to get rid of my land line after a 2 AM call for a "no cost to me" back brace, and use only cell, so I can block without cost*, but they computer around that after a few calls fail.   Congress fails to act - again.   I don't know why my phone can say "scam likely", but they won't just block those calls???    Hush money going somewhere.
I guess the only permanent fix is to go see the judge and ask for injunctive relief on the guy.   Letter on lawyer letterhead sometime work as well.   Change your number, but some of the available ones are worse than what you may have.   The use them for credit or something and duck out and cancel.   Or close to another commercial number that's misdialed often.   I used to get early AM calls to rooms at a motel by drunks on another number.
* - land line was $5 each number...

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

gkhashem

Just give him a high price and he will call you once every 18-24 months.

I have received 2-3 calls from him over a 4 year period.
1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

D.Smith

AH!   but does he have a dealers license?       He may not and be breaking local DMV laws.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

He's a retired Cadillac dealer to my understanding. Laws governing consignment sales vary from state to state.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

wrefakis

called me many times on 59 Eldo
sent him photos
then he asked for title copy did not send, that ended that
not a dealer, dealers buy cars
not a collector, collectors have cars
still waiting for the low mile 70 DVC he is locating for me

harry s

Sounds like we have all had our experiences with Bob Williams. He is in his early to mid nineties and is a middle man type selling high end cars. He contacted me about selling my car and like Dan I gave him a "love to get" price and the race was one, calls, pictures, etc. It didn't work out. I do know of at least four maybe six cars that he has sold for good money so you have to think maybe his magic will work for you. He can be a pest but if you are glass half full type seller don't write him off.      Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

chrisntam

Perhaps, but he shouldn’t be fishing from the “company pond”.  The list provided isn’t for him to profit from or derive pleasure from.  I’d like to hear he’s been told to stop calling people unsolicited. If not, I’ll remove my name from the directory.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Jon Riley #13576

Looks like he takes advertisements from the clc and adds 5-15 percent to the price.  The he tries to get unknowing low information buyers to pay over ask. 

Most of his adds currently are from the Potomac region clc website.   But the asking price is higher.

There is a similar outfit in Michigan. 

Art Director

There is a disclaimer printed on the Table of Contents page in the Directory:

"The use of the directory for solicitation or any commercial and/or political use is prohibited."

A friend of mine in Las Vegas got bombarded with calls from Bob Williams, too. The advice I gave him and will ive to everyone else is to block his phone number.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Jim Govoni CLC 20546

Here is who he says he is:

Contact Cadillac Cream Puffs:

Bob Williams, Owner

email: Bob@CadillacCreamPuffs.com

Phone: (864) 246-0318

Facebook: www.facebook.com/CadillacCreampuffs 
Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Twitter

Credentials:

1985-1989 President and owner of Williams Chevrolet Greenville, South Carolina

1958-1980 President and owner of Williams Chevrolet- Cadillac, Lebanon, Pennsylvania.

1944-1955 Vice President, Williams Chevrolet, Silver Spring, Maryland

References*: 
Richard Sills, Attorney and a Past President of the Cadillac LaSalle Club
Kevin Whitaker, President Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet-Cadillac.  Greenville S.C
Taja Jones assistant manager, Augusta Rd Branch, Bank of America, Greenville S.C
Danny Joyner Jr., President Prudential Real Estate, Greenville, S.C.
Ben Leaphart, Attorney at Law, Greenville S.C.
Dean Watson Broker at Hilliard Lyons, Greenville S.C.
Tom Bates, Herlong-Bates Insurance Broker, Greenville S.C.
Paul Swenson, Accountant, Greenville S.C.
Tarry Hoskins, General Manager Motors Holdings Division, General Motors, Retired.

Hopefully someone lets Richard Sills know his name is being used!
1953 Series 62 
1966 Fleetwood 
1969 deVille Convert.
1941 Series 63

savemy67

Hello all,

Back in the early days of fax machines, I received a number of faxes from a "nuisance" fax number.  I fed a piece of paper into my fax machine, and taped three more pieces of paper to it to form a continuous loop of pages which I then faxed to the nuisance number.  End of nuisance.

I have not been pestered by Bob Williams, but if I was, and after a reasonable conversation he did not stop pestering me, I would pester him right back: use an auto-dialer to constantly call his number 24 hours a day, fill up his voice mail, etc.  What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

While I generally don't advocate vengeful behavior, the guy made need some help restoring his sense of civility.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

wrefakis

guys one clarification is needed
I have contacted club members over the years to ask if they would keep me in mind if ever they sold a cadi i was interested in, never had an issue

bob will call you many time not to BUY your car, but to hustle it without any $ in the game