News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

gremlins 3, Fishnjim 1

Started by fishnjim, September 13, 2020, 10:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishnjim

With the failure issue with the 713 fuel pumps, I can no longer mess around/wait to solve the mechanical pump issue so I can kill my other gremlins.   I'm concerned the push rod is not moving properly or the pump is defective.   So buying a rare expensive NOS/NOR one just doesn't make sense.   I pulled it apart and only the rod had come loose.   I think they cheaped up these new ones.   I've complained to them twice.   But does not function now and only was a month or two old when failed, and not used much.   It runs just fine, if I inject gas, so it's just not getting fuel.   I tried priming, etc. 
So I'm going the electric add-on with the oil pressure shutoff* route.   Parts due this week.   I don't like having to succumb to progress, but if it's the rod I'm not willing to tear into the motor again.   Something definitely went wrong on the last test drive and I've months to illness, weather, etc.   Way off schedule AGIAN!   Plus the 3x2 can get thirsty if I step in it.
* - I didn't take time to see if I can substitute the 3 prong sender for the OEM one prong?   Anyone know for sure?   Have to tee off to add and in a tight spot.   I got relays installed for other things i can tap.