News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Looking for left hand wheel studS and nuts

Started by Saturnin15, September 16, 2020, 10:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturnin15

Anybody knows where to find them? Missing one on my 56
Sedan Deville 1956

fishnjim

I changed mine to RH - always available.   
The only one that can't be changed is the spindle nut unless you change the spindle.   
The tire shops don't know what "L" means these days.   The get snapped off or stripped readily.

TJ Hopland

If someone can tell you the size you should be able to get them from any parts store.  May not be in stock but should be able to get them from the 'warehouse'.   I too forgot about the L and broke one a few years ago but my local Napa actually knew what it was and had one in stock.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

walt chomosh #23510

Eric,
  I believe that I have  a number of them in storage. NAPA used to stock them. Drop me a PM if your struggling to find them and I'll send some your way.....walt...tulsa,ok 

59-in-pieces

Eric,
I can't speak to a 56, but only 59.
Take a look at the pics I posted.
LH lugs & nuts are not all the same, and replacements are not always correct.

The pics show an OEM lug (dark colored) - note that the shank has the splines down to the threads, while the new shinny replacement (from NAPA or the like) does not and is longer - also not a good thing.

Lug nuts are beveled and will bottom out on the replacement lug (lack of spline length wont allow lug to be pulled in all the way to seat - see pic) and when the lug nut is tightened down it will deform the rim holes.

Get exact replacements - how do I know - don't ask, I think I embarrassed myself already with this post.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher