News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 trunk pull down motor

Started by Paul, September 18, 2020, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Does anyone have a diagram or pics of how to properly install the trunk pull down motor? My car did not originally come with it but I want to install it. What additional pieces do I need? Can I purchase the wire harness for it? Any direction would be great. Thank you.
59 Caddy, Seminole Red with Dover White top

59-in-pieces

Paul,

You need a different "frame" to hold the pull down motor and mechanism.
I attached some pics of what it looks like.
The old frame should be removed and the new one installed in its place by welding it in.

Do you have the pull down mechanism (with its metal cover), and trunk lid release mechanism, and their respective harnesses, and the actuating button to install in the glove box.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Paul

I don’t have this piece. Do you know if this is something reproduced or aftermarket? If not I will need to improvise. Thanks.

Paul

The pics are very helpful. Do you have measurements? I would like to make it. Thank you again

59-in-pieces

Paul,

Make one ????? - say what.
I do not have the dimensions, nor the ability to provide them as it is a complicated bracket and beyond my capability.

Now that you have a picture and the part is well known, put a request in the want to buy section of the forum.
Or, go on to eBay and do a search - no question you will find a guy who has the entire system, including this part - have seen it.
And there is a guy who specializes in the system repairs and has parts.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A vacuum operated trunk release actuator with glovebox pushbutton was also part of the original power trunk setup as well as a "TRUNK" telltale lamp on dash to alert when the decklid is open if concerned about authenticity.

Sounds like a daunting project to do it right...

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute