News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Interesting flower carj

Started by kevinanderson, September 18, 2020, 06:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinanderson

My phone wont let me post a pic, but on ebay there is a late model flower car with a salvage title. Kinda neat. Its posted under cadillac limousines.
Kevin

kevinanderson

Kevin

The Tassie Devil(le)

Hate to be nasty, but no wonder it has a Salvage Title, as nobody in their right mind would buy such an ugly looking vehicle. (My opinion)

Some things just shouldn't be butchered.   Yes, I know I am being hard.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Lexi

I don't mind it, however its lines seem a bit awkward. They did the best they had to work with, and it was a working car built for a specific purpose. Nothing beats the proportions of the older Flower Cars in my opinion. Later era vehicles don't seem to suit the Commercial car look as well as the older longer wheel base cars did. Clay/Lexi

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on September 18, 2020, 08:05:58 PM
Hate to be nasty, but no wonder it has a Salvage Title, as nobody in their right mind would buy such an ugly looking vehicle. (My opinion)

Hey Bruce,
I like it!! I had NO idea that they even made them. Get rid of that aluminum bustle.
. Put an HSV double hump  hard  boot on it & you got a great Cadillac Ute. LHD too!!! Think about it.
Cheers,
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Cadman-iac

It looks to me like they crashed a late model Cadillac into an industrial kitchen supply warehouse. Kind of an odd setup for sure.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

D.Smith

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on September 18, 2020, 08:05:58 PM

If one of us had posted that it would have been removed by an Admin and we would have been written a scolding email if not booted off the board as well.

Lexi

Mmmmm. Don't think that car was "butchered", it appears to be a custom coach built car for the funeral industry. So it was a working car, I presume. If so, the build cost would be staggering. One reason why funeral homes generally kept their fleet for years due to the cost of replacement. Trend now seems to be leasing among businesses as required, due to cost and the scaling back of traditional funerals.

The coach builder definitely tried to capture the look of the vintage Flower Car stainless rear deck/tonneau look. If this is so, I would not remove it or touch it. The newer body styles don't lend themselves as well to the commercial car industry, in my opinion. Just odd to see a late model Flower Car though. Even back in the day yearly production output was exceedingly low. If I had money to throw around I would consider buying it. Yes it is off the "beaten track", but I like commercial cars and am not stuck on 2 door coupes or convertibles. I am more a Fleetwood/4 door guy with commercial cars tossed in the mix. Good thing is that those car values are usually more affordable. The new cost of these cars almost always exceeded any regular line Cadillac due to the low production numbers and custom coach work.

The ultimate Cadillac commercial car go to movie clip would be the funeral scene near the end of the first Godfather movie. Think there were about 7 Flower Cars, (all Cadillac-looked like  early '50s & '55s and '56s), and a 1956 Series 75 which I thought years ago I read was actually an 8 passenger sedan, (not the Limo). The Hearse looks late '40s Packard, ('48?). You get a fairly decent look at the stainless tonneaus on the Flower Cars as they pass the camera. One of these cars looks very odd, as if it was not really a Flower Car but a roadster or something cobbled together to look the part for the movie. It was a '56, just before the Series 75. Might have been a convertible with some odd roof work done to it. I once had a funeral director tell me that they would sometimes use convertibles as Flower Cars due to their rarity. The odd one in the clip has what looks to be a Series 62 full trunk, but also a weird roof line over the driver area, (obstructed largely by the flowers). Not really sure what that one was. Anyhow, enjoy the Cadillac Godfather movie clip. Clay/Lexi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic6KR2CcUyA