News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 60 Special Gas Tank

Started by Brent Hladky #21519, September 20, 2020, 04:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Hladky #21519

I need a new gas tank for my 1941 60 Special.  My research indicates that the same tank fits 1941 through 1947 (with the exception of the 75 Series).  I see they are being sold online by a number of vendors, but it’s difficult to tell whether or not they all come from the same manufacturer and I haven't dealt with any of the vendors.  I’m hoping that someone can recommend a high quality vendor and product.  Thank you very much.

Jeff Hansen

Brent,

I bought a new fuel tank for my '41 60S about 5 years ago from Auto City Classic (https://www.autocityclassic.com/1941-1947-cadillac-gas-tank/1941-1947-cadillac-steel-gas-tank-tsc4147/).  The only problem I had with the tank was the fuel inlet did not meet up with the outlet from my fill pipe; there was a difference of 2 - 3" if I recall correctly.  I had to section and reorient my fill pipe to line up with the tank inlet.  Other than that, no problems.  I purchased a new sending unit from the same outfit and it works fine.

HTH,
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Jay Friedman

I bought a new tank for my '49 from www.kanters.com and it fit perfectly.  I even had the impression that it was better made than the original.  However, it did come from Auto City Classics, so it may be they all come from the same manufacturer.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Brent Hladky #21519

Thanks very much for the feedback.  I'll go with the Auto City Classics one too.

Interesting that there is another tank out there purporting to be a fit as well but with a very different configuration.

Awesome that you Forum folks can steer me to the product that works, and avoid all the hassles of purchasing the wrong one.  Greatly appreciated!