News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1961 sun visor support

Started by MidModCad, September 21, 2020, 12:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidModCad

I've got the dreaded droopy sun visors and need to replace the rubber grommets that hold them up.  I've found various modern replacements made of rubber or nylon but they don't seem to be shaped quite the same as the originals.  Also, it's not obvious how the old ones come off as they are held in place by a chrome pin that is mushroomed at the end. Looking at the replacements suggests the old ones might have had a mushroom head that broke off over time, but it's not clear.  Like to replace with something that's closest to OEM.  Any visor insights are much appreciated.

Michael Petti

I have a 60 CD and had the same issue. Look for a screw on the bracket for the sun visor. A little turn of the screw and the visors stay up, unless i want them down. hope this helps. Don't know if 61 is that different from 60.