News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Modern Day John Lennon Flower Child & a 2001 Eldorado Sport Coupe

Started by Matt CLC#18621, September 22, 2020, 06:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt CLC#18621

Greetings,

After getting over my initial trepidation, I finally agreed to let my son take my 2001 Eldorado Sport Coupe (n/k/a Patty's "Dorado") to University, where it will be specifically residing at the Delta Tau Delta Frat House!!

All his Frat Mates think Patty's Dorado is "Totally Dope!"

While driving around the dormant Campus and around town, he receives many "Hey, that's what's up Dude" complements as his Dorado stands out amongst all the Hondas, Nissans, Toyotas, VWs et al.

He has even picked up one of my OCD habits of taking milestone pictures of the Dorado's odometer.

Best regards,
matt 18621
i am 2nd.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Great to see someone enjoying the drive.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   I too am a Odometer photographer.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Matt CLC#18621

Hey Bruce,

b4 I traded my 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 for a 2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Daytona Edition, I pictured every 1,000 miles, pulling over on roads just as it was about to turn, knowing fulll well that I only had ~ 9/10ths of a mile to find a safe place to park and document the rollover.

Best regards,
matt 18621
i am 2nd

James Landi

Oh Matt, your son is so FORTUNATE---I was equally blessed to have parents who let me have a 1961 Cadillac Convertible for my college wheels way back in 1965.  White, with a read interior, I NEVER lacked for dates. Of course in those days, luxury items like "power everything" were NOT known to most of my peers.  Imagine the fun I had.    James

Matt CLC#18621

Hey James,

Tremendous, I had a 1966 Thunderbird Town Landau which I sold in 1982 for a previously owned 1981 Monte Carlo custom convertible (manual top).
Shortly thereafter, the Family purchased a 1979 Oldsmobile (I mean Cadillac) Dove Grey Seville Elegante with the stinky noisy Oldsmobile DIESEL 350!

Regards,
matt 18621
i am 2nd