News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New member starting 61 Fleetwood project

Started by Jmholley, October 01, 2020, 10:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmholley

Hello All:
I am working on a 61 Fleetwood that my father owned and put in storage back in the 70s.  It's in good shape considering the age and lack of use.  It's been on my list of things to do for over 30 years.  I pulled the engine and transmission out couple of weeks ago and started working on both.  The engine has a crack in the block which is currently at a machine shop.  We'll see how that goes before I go any further. 

I have a shop manual, but I believe the transmission is beyond my skills, primarily because of all the special tools needed.

I live near Abilene Texas.  Any recommendations for a transmission shop?  I am at a dead end locally.

I am not going to do a full restoration, just get the old girl running again.

This was the first car I went over 100mph.

Never told my dad....

BJM

Join the CLC and get a Self Starter right away.  Joining is free.  The back section of cars, parts and vendors is a must have.  Then reach out to the local Cadillac members for guidance to a shop in your area. 

Andrew Trout

Ben Friend has a 1956 Cadillac Sedan de Ville he's been steadily working on for several years and had the transmission rebuilt. I believe he lives in the outskirts of the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area. He also runs a great YouTube channel if you've got time to watch some of his videos. While DFW is not Abilene, he may know someone who can help, or who NOT to work with as well.

His contact info is on his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/thecorvetteben/

Rochester, NY
1961 Convertible