News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Lower bulb in front turn signal housing

Started by hawkfan, October 02, 2020, 05:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkfan

What is the purpose of the lower light bulb in the front turn signal housing.  on my 56 Series 62 the upper light is the turn signal and parking light.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hawkfan

J. Gomez

Quote from: hawkfan on October 02, 2020, 05:30:43 PM
What is the purpose of the lower light bulb in the front turn signal housing.  on my 56 Series 62 the upper light is the turn signal and parking light.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hawkfan

Brian,

Actually the top bulb should be the fog and turn signal, the bottom is the parking.   ;) None fog lights there is one dual filament bulb for turn signal and parking, with the fog lights option the turn signal moves to the dual filament 1044 bulb.

HTH

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Cadman-iac

Jose is correct. Not sure why they didn't just use a single filament bulb for the fog light and just use the same turn/Park bulb on both options.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Lexi

If you got to change one, do both and make sure you wear heavy gloves. They can break coming out especially if they have been in there a long time. Clay/Lexi

hawkfan

Thanks again for the input.  Neither of the parking lights illuminate.  I will change both parking light bulbs tomorrow morning.

Thanks
Brian

Big Fins

Put the new bulbs in with a dab of dielectric grease on the bases.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

hawkfan

cadillacmike68

Shouldn't the parking light bulbs be amber? Or is there an amber lens covering them?
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

hawkfan

The set up on mine is clear bulbs and an opaque lens.

Brian

Cadman-iac

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on October 04, 2020, 12:17:20 PM
Shouldn't the parking light bulbs be amber? Or is there an amber lens covering them?

I don't think they cared about it being a white light in 56, the service manual says its a #67 bulb,  but you could always go with the 67NA or a 67A, the difference being the NA is a colored glass, and the A is just painted.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

35-709

Amber lights/lenses didn't come along until the mid-'60s or a little before, clear bulbs are correct for "hawkfan's" car.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

cadillacmike68

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike