News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

47 series 62 conv.

Started by VandalRon, October 02, 2020, 09:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VandalRon

My car is a fantastic car for restoration as all the original parts are on the car and it actually runs and stops. It IS however painted black. The original color was beldon blue. I do not like that blue color nor do I want a black car. Would it be"criminal" to paint it another color? I do know I want a color that will show off all the chrome and stainless. After all what's an old Caddy if it's not about the chrome!

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Ron: Here is a picture of my 47 that was taken in 1985 just after I bought the car. The original color for the car was French gray with a brown bedford cord interior trimmed in red leather. I did not want French gray or black. I decided on a Mercedes blue and a full light tan leather interior. I have had 35 years of fun with the car using my colors. Paint the car the color you like and enjoy your car. Bill

VandalRon

Funny, your car illustrates how we all have different tastes.Your french blue is not far off from beldon blue (and a fine looking car it is)! I appreciate your suggestion, thanks.

Tom Boehm

If you want to show the car at a CLC Grand National you will not lose points if you choose a color from the 1947 Cadillac color chart. Not even the purists would scoff at that. If none of those colors please you, choose a period appropriate color. In my opinion that would not lower the resale value much if at all.

robert G. smits

It's your car and your money.  Do what you want with it.  Who cares if it is worth a few thousand less when your heirs sell it.
R. Smits, #2426
23 Cad 7P Touring
32 Cad 5P Coupe
38 Cad 90 Series
41 Cad 63 Series
58 Cad Eldo Barritz
The average man can take care of one Woman and two Cadillacs, Al Edmond AACA Past President