News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Engine code 85 HT 4100

Started by Dulcidog2, October 05, 2020, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dulcidog2

Hi, my 85 had a dead battery , when I jumped her I got a code 8C , can anyone tell me what this means. Also how do I get theft deterrent light to stop blinking, I think it drains my battery ,
Thanks,
Bill 14869
Bldulcidogemail addresses not permitted

Dave Shepherd

Recheck that code, doesn't  sound right.

81 BENY Biarritz

All codes listed in the Factory Service Information manual are two digit numeric codes only.   When you first go into diagnostics you should first get Code 88 which is a test of all the digit segments to make sure they light up and then it should display the trouble code(s) if any,  then repeat Code 88 and display the same trouble code(s) a second time and then show Code 70 which allows further testing of various switches.  Trouble code 80 is an Air Conditioning Clutch Circuit fault.
As for the theft deterrent system. The light should only flash when one of the doors is open.   When the door is closed it should go out whether the system is armed or not.   
Troubleshooting of both these issues is covered in significant detail in the 85 Cadillac Service Information manual.   They are readily available from E-bay and well worth the money with the information on all aspects of these cars including both electrical and mechanical systems that they contain.   Hope this helps a bit.    Dave

81 BENY Biarritz

Correction, looks like the 84 Cadilllac Serivice Information manual was the last version that covered the Eldo and 4100 engine.  Dave

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Codes were only two digit numerical back then - no letters were used.

Is security lamp lamp flashing with doors shut?
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute