News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 la salle transmission oil leak

Started by 37DREAMCADDYFROMHEAVEN, October 08, 2020, 04:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

37DREAMCADDYFROMHEAVEN

I am new to owning such and car. my car seems to be leaking a small amount of transmission oil that is coming out onto the floor. from what appears to be coming from the base of the shifter handle.
can anyone tell me if there is a gasket that might have failed and how i can get to it.
i am finally starting to reupholster and would not want oil to spread over new carpet.
any info would be highly appreciated.!

harvey b

check the vent valve at the rear of the case it may be plugged,these transmissions are notorious leakers,also check the shift lever,it should have a cork gasket in under the little dome?.mine leaks the same place,but has never leaked on to the floor. harveyb
Harvey Bowness