News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

61/62 door glass

Started by 6caddy2, October 09, 2020, 10:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6caddy2

Does anybody know if the front door glass for the 61/62 cdv are the same, seems the 61 has a slight curve at the top of the roof line?!

Thank you for any insight or info on this, Joe
1962 convertible
1979 Fleetwood brougham d'Elegance
1981 Coupe deVille 368 FI 864
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
SOLD- 1978 sedan deVille

Cadman-iac

JW,
Are you asking about the vent window or the roll up window?
The roll up windows are different between 61 and 62.
The vent windows are the same for both years, according to the interchange manual.
There are some other Olds, Chevy,  and Buick windows that will interchange,  but I need to know which year it is you need to give you the correct information.
Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Clewisiii

Also they are different between models.  Series 60 62 etc.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

6caddy2

Richard, it would be the roll up window, looking back at my post I see where I was not clear on which window, sorry for the confusion. Looking for the interchange for a 62 coupe deville. so would door glass "roll up" for a 61 Buick, Chev,Olds, Pontiac fit a 62 Cadillac coupe deville?
1962 convertible
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
SOLD- 1978 sedan deVille

Cadman-iac

As Carl said,  it depends on what series you have.  Yours is a series 62, and I'll have to look at the interchange manual again to see what fits from the other car lines. Going from memory,  I believe it's just the biggest Olds or Buicks, but I will double check that to be sure and let you know in an hour or so.

Rick
CLC# 32373

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Power windows are standard on DeVille and Series 62 Convertible.

Door glass on convertible is different than that of two door hardtop.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Cadman-iac

Joe,
The ones that will interchange are the Buick Electra 2 door hardtop from 62 to 64. And the Olds 98 2 door hardtop from 62 to 64.
  Hope this is helpful.

Rick
CLC# 32373

Clewisiii

"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

35-709

Quote from: Clewisiii on October 10, 2020, 01:04:16 PM
If it is just the flat glass it is easier to buy new. 

https://www.autocityclassic.com/1961-1962-cadillac-glass/
Or, just have your local auto glass shop cut one for you.   :)
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

6caddy2

Thanks guys for all the info! I'm helping a friend restore his 62 CDV, windows are really toast, as we all pretty much know the lowers are all but gone, he saw the ad that Carl has posted in this thread, So I was not sure if the complete assembly " glass, upper frames, plus new reproduction lower sash" listed for a 61 would work for his 62, the price is in his range and they appear to be excellent product to buy for his restoration, seeing how its been somewhat challenging trying to find lower sash's, these windows would expedite the final work for me as all motors have been tore down, regreased, tracks all lubed, stainless all polished and RTRW outer rubbers attached and installed, I know almost all sources for the lower sash's, and they are weeks out, and we know why. As it goes, we have a time line in order to make the trim shops time frame. Thanks again for all the info on this post! Joe
1962 convertible
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
SOLD- 1978 sedan deVille