News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1966 - alignment - camber adjustment

Started by scotth3886, October 14, 2020, 10:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotth3886

We replaced center link and idler arm yesterday and attempted an alignment.  Everything was already pretty close, but be couldn't figure how to set camber.

How do you set camber on this? 

Thanks.

Dave Shepherd

There is an eccentric  in the upper ball joint to control arm connection, look close you will see it. Turning  that will change the camber, but it will affect toe in. Btw, camber is 0 degrees.

scotth3886

Thanks.  We saw that, but wasn't sure that was it. 

I've learned to ask first before I do something. 

Dave Shepherd

cadillacmike68

It affects all three, so camber should be set first and toe last. Or Whatever the manual states... You do have the shop manual - correct?
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

bctexas

Here is what the eccentric looks like, fwiw.
1965 CDV
1970 SDV

cadillacmike68

Make sure you get the ones for 1961-1969. Cadillac changed the angle of the dangle in 1970. Ask me how I know.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

dadscad

Years ago when I rebuilt the front suspension and steering linkage on my 63, I discovered someone in the past had used eccentrics that had an angled hole for the ball joint stud instead of the correct eccentric with a straight down hole. It's a wonder the ball joint stud didn't break off from the bend induced when the nut was torqued down.
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille