News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Enclosed Car Transportation

Started by MikeVogler, October 18, 2020, 12:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeVogler

Does anyone have a recommendation for an enclosed car transportation company?

Thank you for your recommendations.

Mike
626-375-5843

Jamurray

I used Intercity for moving my '40 lasalle from Reno to Connecticut. Cost me $2,000 in 2014, they did an excellent job.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Don't know where you are or where you're going, but if there's a Mecum auction happening at/near either zip code Mecum Transport would be a call. Any other major auction house (BJ's etc) having a similar event InterCity would be a good bet. They're very good, and very expensive (now).
If you're east coast, these guys are friends of mine, they'll be taking both of my cars covered to FL when the time comes.

https://www.eastcoastexoticcartransporters.com/

Be sure to only have personal contact with the carrier, not 'brokers', who are everywhere.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

fairboy

I am a owner of a truck company and not on all wheels we have a date after the DOT. Now after pandemic a lot of businesses will close the activity or already have closed but trucking was very profitable in the period of covid. A lot of people started to order more things online and such companies as amazon and ebay have ordered more truck for loads. In this period I had a lot of work and sometimes was very difficult to do them and I have found The 2020 DQ File Checklist You Need to Pass a DOT Audit , these guys really help me to finish a lot of things as soon as possible. you can check https://www.avatarfleet.com/blog/checklist-to-pass-dot-audit

cowboyman

Why not drive it? You don't worry where is your car, what is happening to it. It won't get damaged. It's all in your hands... Unless it is not a big distance

MichaelMiller

Like an option. It depends on how busy you are. Someone likes to take a long drive, but I prefer to entrust it to a qualitative shipping company  ;)

Ohjai

I know of someone near Kansas City that hauls cars, I live near St. Louis.  He has hauled many award winning cars to shows for various owners and collectors.  He has a single car enclosed trailer, has hauled many of my Rolls, picked up my 41 in Delaware, and will be picking up my 38 60S next Sunday.

If interested, send me a personnel message.

Jim
'38 Cadillac Series 60 S
'41 Cadillac Series 60 S
2017 Cadillac CT6
'62 Buick Skyhawk Conv
'49 Bentley MK-VI  Sold
'53 Bentley R-Type  Sold
'66 Ford Thunderbird
'64 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III
'75 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad Sold
'78 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad II
'80 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II  Sold
'81 Rolls-Royce Camargue  Sold
'88 Rolls-Royce Corniche II
'89 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur
2020 Ford Escape

David Greenburg

If you’re not scared off by their quotes, the “big boys” (Inter-City, Passport. Reliable) are very good.  A smaller outfit that is also very good is Thomas Sunday. The last time I needed a shipper, I was going to use Sunday, but they couldn’t accommodate my time frame, and I went with Plycar.  They were great, and somewhat cheaper than the big guys.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Ohjai

Thanks David, I have been using Ron for several years, he was hauling for a RR shop until he left, and is just now getting back into the car hauling business.  I fully trust Ron.
Jim
'38 Cadillac Series 60 S
'41 Cadillac Series 60 S
2017 Cadillac CT6
'62 Buick Skyhawk Conv
'49 Bentley MK-VI  Sold
'53 Bentley R-Type  Sold
'66 Ford Thunderbird
'64 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III
'75 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad Sold
'78 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad II
'80 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II  Sold
'81 Rolls-Royce Camargue  Sold
'88 Rolls-Royce Corniche II
'89 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur
2020 Ford Escape

nemiros

Once I asked myself a question, how can I transport my 2 cars to other country. My friend advised me auto transport shipping company. I decided to call this company and find out, if they can help me with my case. Surprisingly, they have all types of shipping. I used enclosed transportation which is more safe, especially when it is an expensive car. Luckily, I paid for both my cars not as much as I thought. Customer service was on high level, they respond on all your questions. In the end, I can recommend it to you, because this company passed the test.

artdan

I used Reliable last year at this time
They have their own fleet/drivers
They did an excellent job
1957 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Continental Mark II
1960 Corvette
1956 Thunderbird (sold)
1965 Buick Riviera (sold)
1975 Datsun 280 Z (sold)