News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Facebook Marketplace success.....Sold the LaSalle

Started by z3skybolt, October 20, 2020, 09:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z3skybolt

On July 17th I wrecked my lovely 1940 LaSalle 5227.  After a very satisfying settlement with Hagerty Insurance I finally decided to sell the car.. First I listed it for sale on this forum for $6,500.00.  After a couple of days I reconsidered it's remaining value and listed it for $7,500.00.  No offers were forthcoming.

After returning from several weeks of hiking/camping out west I read about other's success with Facebook Marketplace. Having never used that medium I was dubious.  However three days ago I listed the LaSalle for sale there. Within 24 hours I had four serious inquires.

The first person to inquire came to our home today to look at the car.  Two hours later he left with the title and I had my asking price in hand.  He will bring a trailer to pick it up on Friday. In retrospect I sold it too cheap. But at least I am consistent with a life long trend.  Haa ha....

I was amazed at the no cost ease of using Marketplace.  Worked beautifully.

And yes....I wept quietly after the new owner left.  The LaSalle was perhaps the favorite "thing" I have ever owned.  So now the search is on for another LaSalle or Cadillac as nice as mine once was.

Thanks to several CLC members of this forum who have reached out to assist me in my search. All suggestions will be carefully considered.

Good Bye Lady LaSalle.

Bob R.
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

35-709

Very nice read, Bob.  Best of luck in your search for a car that will fill the empty hole you are feeling.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

The Tassie Devil(le)

Congratulations on your sale, and as always, there is always sale grief and regret, but one must continue to move forward.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Bob I cried like a baby when my beautiful 96 Concours left here on a salvage truck, I couldn't save it.
Your post is bitter sweet, the LaSalle has a new owner who will love her and hopefully restore her.
You will find your next Cadillac love in its perfect time.
Have faith, let the faith bring you peace, the next one is out there....
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all