News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac Series 63 Wiper System Connection

Started by J. Russo, October 27, 2020, 04:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Russo

I was talking with Terrell Machine today about rebuilding my fuel pump. They asked if I wanted the vacuum for the wiper system disabled on the pump.

Since that statement was something new I learned today, I checked my fuel pump and the only lines connected to it are fuel related. The bottom fittings on the pump are plugged and I don't know where the line would attach if there was one.

I included a couple photos if anyone could provide some guidance. The first is the fuel pump with the plug circled. The second is where the line from the wiper system under the dash is connected to a fitting in front of the carburetor base.

Thank you in advance
Thanks,
John Russo
CLC Member #32828

G Pennington

On my 1941 Series 62, the line from the intake manifold vacuum port goes to the lower fuel pump port (plugged on your car).  There is another line that goes from a lower inside-facing port to the firewall feedthru to the wiper control (line is routed under the intake manifold).
It's supposed to boost the manifold vacuum supplied to the wiper motor so that the wipers don't slow down or stop when accelerating or going uphill.
Gary Pennington
   1953 6267X Convertible
   1941 6267D Convertible (2 door)

J. Russo

Thanks Gary,

The lower inside facing port you mentioned is also a port on the lower part of the fuel pump correct? I have 2 plugged ports. Based on your description I should be able to make the correct connections.

Thank you
Thanks,
John Russo
CLC Member #32828

G Pennington

"The lower inside facing port you mentioned is also a port on the lower part of the fuel pump correct? "

Correct.
I've never driven mine in the rain so I can't attest to how well this works but I believe that's the way it came from the factory.
Gary Pennington
   1953 6267X Convertible
   1941 6267D Convertible (2 door)