News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Radio Conversions

Started by Peter Cornwell, October 30, 2020, 03:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Cornwell

I posted a mail here some months ago trying to find any operating data for a radio conversion done in my '41 Cadillac before my ownership of which I had no operating instructions. I had a number of responses but regretably non solved the problem. The supplier of the radio conversion or kit have been totally unresponsive in spite of numerous mails. But I contacted Richard at R and B Vintage Auto Radio and, although we established early on it was not one of his conversions, he could not have been more helpful. He must have known that there was no monetary gain in it for him as I made clear that I was in Great Britain, but he has been extremely helpful and on that basis I would highly recommend him. He has some informative videos on Youtube on his conversions which is how I discovered him.
Top marks for http://www.randbvintageautoradio.com/ from this side of the Atlantic.
Kind Regards
Peter
England
Peter
England
1941 6267D convertible
1952 6267X convertible

Brent Hladky #21519

Thanks Peter.  Good to know as I'm also considering a 1941 radio conversion.

Abe Lugo

This one were technologically has gotten to the point you should just leave your original radio as an AM.  Buy a cheap Bluetooth speaker and blast you music through your phone.  Having a great aux power/charger point is more important nowadays.

Just my thoughts.  My radio is still original and worked with the 12V reducer unit.  I may have post about it in the past.
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

There is a gizmo you can buy Redirad? That goes between the antenna lead and the radio and you can use your phone or I player to play the music of choice through the original radio.

Oliver Betker

For everybody in Europe may be interesting:
In Germany is a shop who repairs old radios, gramophones etc.
This shop also offer transformation of YOUR original radio to an working FM/AM receiver with bluetooth in the old shell with the old knobs and original view.
Only the inserts will be changed.
obove changes work for 12V only,
for 6V only FM/AM is available.

http://www.die-radiowerkstatt.de/
1946 Cadillac Series 61 Coupe
1958 Chevrolet Bel Air 4door Sedan
1958 Wartburg 311 4door Sedan 900
1961 Wartburg 311 4door Sedan 1000
1963 Trabant 500 2door Sedan
1989 Trabant 601 2door Sedan
1966 Bulldozer T 100 MGP
1968 Bulldozer T 100 MGP
1998 Nissan Pickup Navara
2015 Ford Ranger Pickup
1978 MZ T 250/1
1992 Harley Davidson Fat boy

Peter Cornwell

Some interesting and informative additions to my original post, thanks.
Peter
England
1941 6267D convertible
1952 6267X convertible