News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Great gift idea for car guys and gals

Started by Chris Cummings, November 03, 2020, 02:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Cummings

Two books about Cadillacs.  My daughter designed the attached ad.  Cheers!

Chris Cummings

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Chris, there is no problem, but when can we expect the book to be shipped?
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Chris Cummings

Barry,

My experience has been that McFarland Publishers are pretty prompt. 

My third book that they're still working on, they say will be out by year end.  The two books in the ad, however, should ship pretty soon after someone orders.

Here's an internet link to the third (as yet unpublished) book:

https://mcfarlandbooks.com/product/more-cadillac-v-16s-lost-and-found/

Best regards,

Chris

J. Skelly

I ordered a couple of books a few months ago and received them within two weeks.  I would have ordered more books, but there were just too many to choose from, and it would have cost A LOT of money.
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

Barry M Wheeler #2189

As I said, Chris, there is no problem, it will be a late Christmas present. If any of you wish, for a small donation to the CLCMRC I will autograph your copy of Chris' first book in which he graciously mentions me (once.) I have the first two books and am anxiously awaiting the third.

You can be sure that you will enjoy all of them. Chris has the reader follow his ownership of a good old "bread and butter" 1941 Cadillac fast back coupe to the Holy Grail of ownership of his first V-16.

Most of us have not had that privilege, and if you want to know what it's like to actually own one of them, these books are for you.

No kidding, guys. These will look quite nice under the tree. Your kids can wrap them easily and your wife will be amazed that there is something for your old car that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. (And is not greasy.)

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Chris Cummings

My new book More Cadillac V-16s Lost and Found is now in print and available for purchase. 

https://mcfarlandbooks.com/product/more-cadillac-v-16s-lost-and-found/

I hope it's as enjoyable to the reader as writing it was to me.

Cheers.

Chris Cummings

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

Just got mine yesterday on a preorder.  Very nice book again Chris.

Brad
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

Chris Cummings

Ohjai

I just ordered the two V-16 books for my birthday gift to myself.  I think I should have them in a couple of weeks.

Jim
'38 Cadillac Series 60 S
'41 Cadillac Series 60 S
2017 Cadillac CT6
'62 Buick Skyhawk Conv
'49 Bentley MK-VI  Sold
'53 Bentley R-Type  Sold
'66 Ford Thunderbird
'64 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III
'75 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad Sold
'78 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad II
'80 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II  Sold