News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Dimensions for running board J trim used on 1937 Series 60

Started by tmdeturck, November 10, 2020, 11:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmdeturck

Hi All, does anyone happen to have a scale profile picture or dimensions of the J-shaped running board trim, front and rear, for a '37 series 60?  I'd like to see if it is possible to make reasonable approximations of these out of 1/4" stainless square bar, as the "project car" I have never had them.

Any relevant info appreciated. Thanks all!
Terry
CLC #32638
1963 Series 6229
1937 Series 6019

harvey b

Heres a set on ebay now,they have little "T " headed bolts that hold them on,wouldnt be hard to make  a set from scratch if you had one to go by,they are different lenths for the front and rear ones though.  try this link to ebay.    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1937-Cadillac-60-Series-Sedan-Rear-Running-Board-Trim-6-Pieces/124197731781?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649   
Harvey Bowness

tmdeturck

Thanks Harvey, I did see that set of the rear pieces only.  I actually got a discount offer from the seller, but couldn't see paying that price just for a template.  I was hoping someone had a loose one and wouldn't mind taking a picture of one on a piece of graph paper for dimension.
1963 Series 6229
1937 Series 6019