News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1975 ELDO - EMISSIONS LABEL?

Started by KOKNEYELDO, November 10, 2020, 04:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KOKNEYELDO

Good afternoon.

I have a 1975 Eldorado convertible and want to affix new emissions and fan warning labels.

I do not have a Cadillac parts book.

1.) According to my Eldo the emissions label refers to Part # 1606802 (see attached).

When trying to purchase a new label they all refer to Part # 1606803, but I cannot find one with Part # 1606802 (see attached).

Please explain why the part numbers are different.

2.) I cannot see a part number on my fan decal.

When trying to purchase a new label they refer to Part # 1498645 (see attached).

Can I use the label for Part # 1498645 on my Eldo?

Thank you.
Present cars:

1975 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1957 Ford Thunderbird
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

Big Fins

One set of decals may be for a Kalifornia emissions car and the other, the rest of the country.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

KOKNEYELDO

Thank you for the reply.

That is what I assumed as well.

But it seems that nobody makes one specifically for CA Caddies.

Thank you.
Present cars:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

KOKNEYELDO

Good morning.

I just looked closer to the wording on the final line of the emissions label and it clearly states:

Original wording for a California Cadillac:

.....REGULATIONS APPLICABLE TO 1975 MODEL YEAR NEW MOTOR VEHICLES, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CARBON MONOXIDE STANDARD FOR CALIFORNIA.

Original wording for a non-California Cadillac:

.....WHERE APPLICABLE CALIFORNIA REGULATIONS APPLICABLE TO 1975 MODEL YEAR NEW MOTOR VEHICLES.

Based upon the fact I will not be going for concourse judging, plus no new "802" labels being available, I would think that I can use a new "803" label.

At least I now know why the labels are different!

It would be interesting to know how many of them were made specifically for California, which would explain why there is no new "802" label being made.
Present cars:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!