News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1947 Convert Top Valve

Started by Bill Ingler #7799, November 10, 2020, 04:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Ingler #7799

I have a friend who has a 47 convert which has sprang a bad leak in the valve which is the push/pull valve used to raise and lower the top. I have never had one to leak so can they be rebuilt? If they can be rebuilt, who could my friend call for help. Anyone have a valve for sale?  Thanks   Bill

TonyZappone #2624

Bill, have him call Hydroelectric in  Florida.  Second generation, all they do is convertible top hydraulic parts replacements and repairs.   Not cheap, but what good ones are.  Have used them for years.  Last year got new top cylinders and hoses for my '58.  Got all the new stuff for my '47 30 years ago.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Bill Ingler #7799

Thanks Tony for Hydro. Will have him call them. Bill

phildeville@cox.net

Bill,

I have had good experiences w/ Hydro & also have a fluid fill pump, if you need to use it.

Phil
Phil Terry  CLC# 15270

Bill Ingler #7799

Phil. Thanks for the reply and will pass on to the owner. Bill

Bill Ingler #7799

Top valve is at Hydro and they said discs inside valve are broken and they do not have the parts but might get some made. With out the top valve, my friends 47 convert windows and seat will not work. Does anyone have a top valve for sale or some parts place I can call to inquire?  Thanks  Bill