News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

68 deville engine compartment plastic retainers

Started by Trace, November 17, 2020, 04:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trace

I am sorry, .... I searched the few key words I could come up with and did not find what I was looking for. Are the black plastic retainers that mount into the fender wells, and other places, available? ...and where? Pic below. Thanks so much!
Blessings, Tracy

Reviving my Dad's 1968 Deville Convertible
1964 Impala SS Convertible w/409 -SOLD
1964 Thunderbird Convertible - SOLD
1969 GTO Convertible - SOLD
1958 Impala - SOLD
Luke 12:31,32
Heb.10:36

cadillacmike68

I can't remember hat they are called either, but there are some on ebay. You won't get an exact appearance match, but its close enough - for me.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

prodjay10

cadillacmike68

That ebay item is what I bought early this year.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Trace

I thank you all for the info. Knowing what something is 'named' opens up more options. I looked at several listings on eBay and Amazon and opted for a box of 50 for $7.99 off of Amazon. As a side note; a company called Inline Tube looks like they have an exact reproduction of the straps on Amazon. The problem is they are $4.99
each. But that does include shipping. I am like Mike at this point, the cheaper ones are "close enough ...for me."
Blessings, Tracy

Reviving my Dad's 1968 Deville Convertible
1964 Impala SS Convertible w/409 -SOLD
1964 Thunderbird Convertible - SOLD
1969 GTO Convertible - SOLD
1958 Impala - SOLD
Luke 12:31,32
Heb.10:36

DeVille68

It is called harness strap. www.restorationspecialties.com  has them too.

Best regards,
Nicolas
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)