News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

windshield washer 1966 deville

Started by spolij, November 20, 2020, 05:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spolij

I put a new washer pump in it worked fine. I unpluged the lines to put the cap on started to plug it in and heard an arc like sound. Now i have no power to the dash unit or the motor. The fuse is good. The scematic shows a circuit breaker at the motor i can't find it.

Cadman-iac

Hey John,

If I'm not mistaken, that circuit breaker is built into the motor itself to prevent it from just burning out in case of an overload. It should reset itself in short order.
Not sure why you would have gotten a spark from plugging it in, unless your switch was in the on position and the key was on. Even if the motor was not in the park position,  it would loose all power when the key is turned off, leaving the wipers in whatever position they happened to be in.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you find.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

spolij

Yes the switch and ignition was on. I did that a few times and nothing happened. Guess i ran out of luck. Thanks Going out now to try it.

spolij

No good no power anywhere. and the fuse is good. The scimatic doesn't show any in line fuses. Guess i'll have to chase the line. Can't see where its getting power from. Edit Found the feed from the fuse box now i have to track down the wires ugh.

spolij

Rick Turned out to be the fuse. I checked the fuse and it was good It must have blown when i heard that arc sound.
Thanks John

Cadman-iac

CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"