News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

How do I remove the Steering Wheel from a 1931 Cadillac

Started by Fritz Seitz, November 21, 2020, 01:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fritz Seitz

"How do I remove the Steering Wheel from a 1931 Cadillac"

cadillacmike68

A sawzall will do it, but you may not like the results.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

DaveZ

You need to start at the bottom of the column. Take off the switch housing and the controls. The controls are pot metal so they may be iffy, but new ones out of brass are available. When all the parts are off the bottom the center rod pushes up with the horn button. It's been a while since I have done this, but this is the general way to do it.
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

yachtflame

Fritz, Dave is correct. Start at the bottom and work up removing all the parts at the bottom and then the center pieces first. Then there’s just the wheel hub nut to remove. If you find any broken pot metal parts, I make them all in bronze. If you need any help or info, you can always give me a call or email.

Wayne Elsworth
413-658-4416
yachtflame@yahoo.com
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075