News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Any experience with Eaton Detroit Spring?

Started by gnorden, December 01, 2020, 11:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnorden

Does any member have good or bad experience with Eaton Detroit Spring?  I ordered a pair of front coil springs for my 49 60S about 4 weeks ago, and I sense that I am getting the proverbial runaround on when they might get delivered.  Every time I call I am told "maybe next week".  When I first ordered I was informed that the typical turnaround was 1 to 2 weeks. I am tempted to cancel my order unless I hear of great satisfaction in the long run.
Thanks for any info.

Clewisiii

I thought they were good.  But I have not used them.  I bought from Coil Spring Specialties.  And I received my order in less then a week. 
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

chrisntam

My ‘70 sat 2” high after installing their front coil springs.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Jim Miller

I used Coil Spring Specialties for new front springs on my '49 CDV. I was pleased. Height was correct and quick turn around.
Jim Miller

1941 6219
1949 6237X
1970 CDV
2021 XT6
Past:
1991 SDV
1999 DeElegence
2006 DTS
2013 XTS
2016 SRX

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

carlhungness

They're busy and not at full staff because of the virus. I've been dealing with them for several weeks. They'll get to you in due time. They're at half staff or thereabout. Great company in business for decades.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

If Eaton is the co. selling the springs that prepare your car for four wheel drive.... stay AWAY from them!
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Cadillac Jack 82

I've ordered from Eaton and their stuff was excellent.  You might be running into delays due to COVID.
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

chrisntam

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on December 02, 2020, 02:34:18 PM
If Eaton is the co. selling the springs that prepare your car for four wheel drive.... stay AWAY from them!
Bob

On the plus side, a jack is not necessary to change oil.

::)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

chrisntam

Gosh, don't be sore at me Wally.  I mean Bob.   ;)

I watch the Beaver.  Often.  It's a nice escape and highly recommended.  It's on METV, 7 am central time weekdays.   Then Perry Mason.

Every once in a while I'll spy a Cadillac in the background, but not too often.  I do see them often on Batman.  Seen a '59 series 62 vert once and Fleetwood Broughams quite often.

Mason's series used Cadillacs in the late '50s, but went FLM (Ford Lincoln Merc) in the 60s, much to my dismay.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

chrisntam

Quote from: chrisntam on December 02, 2020, 08:41:39 PM
On the plus side, a jack is not necessary to change oil.

::)

Kinda like this --> for illustration purposes only.

:o
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Chris,
Are you feeling lonely?? Answering your own response. Of course, that pic is both front & rear extremes. Have you solved your own 2" lift?? How about a pic of your car at present.  I'll then post a pic of my 70 with the original springs & the correct height. Deal???
Bob

Clewisiii

Old to new with Coil Spring Specialties
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

J. Skelly

Quote from: chrisntam on December 03, 2020, 09:00:36 PM
Kinda like this --> for illustration purposes only.

:o

It looks like a car that has had the engine removed!
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

chrisntam

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on December 03, 2020, 09:55:13 PM
Chris,
Are you feeling lonely?? Answering your own response. Of course, that pic is both front & rear extremes. Have you solved your own 2" lift?? How about a pic of your car at present.  I'll then post a pic of my 70 with the original springs & the correct height. Deal???
Bob

Yeah, not much going on, just like to stir the pot here when appropriate and comment on awards I know little about.  I'll get the car out for a pic and post it.  It's about time for a drive anyway.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

chrisntam

That car really needs body side molding.  Looks nekkid without it.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Scot Minesinger

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Roadmaster75

Being real picky on ride heights....... I used Eaton Detroit recently on my 1958 Buick Roadmaster 75.
I called to ask for recommendation from their tech.

(Besides Air-Poise suspension in 1958,) the options were either “standard” or “heavy duty” coils.
They recommended standard since I did not have factory air, trailer hitch, etc.
They said the standards would be about an inch or two high for the first 100 miles or so, but would settle in to factory spec.
Spot on.   The car looked and drove beautifully.