News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

For Those Seeking A New Full Size Cadillac Sedan.

Started by e.mason, December 06, 2020, 06:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e.mason

The list of electric Cadillacs available within five years will be completed by a full-size flagship sedan called Celestiq, whose starting price is expected to be at least $200,000.

https://cadillacsociety.com/2020/12/06/cadillac-dealer-count-to-be-reduced-by-150-stores-amid-ev-push/
Eric Mason

D.Smith

Rumors of an upcoming big "Flagship" 6 figure car have been going around for many years. 

With Cadillac dropping the CT6, Lincoln dropping the Continental and the Chrysler 300 on life support, it is clear that none of the manufacturers wants to invest in sedans anymore.

It's a shame as not everyone wants to drive a SUV or crossover.   You'd think that at least one of the big three car companies would want to capture the market if the other two drop out. 

Clewisiii

The big sedan is real.  I have been working on it for more about a year. 
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Matt CLC#18621

SUVs are great, but I love sedans.

I believe sedans will make a come back after a year or two hiatus similar to Ford bringing back the Mustang convertible (circa 1979) and Lido Iacocca introducing the Chrysler K car convertible (circa 1982).

Speaking of Chrysler, how do they get away with using the same body on the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger for 17 years, amazing on all the R&D dollars they have saved.

Regards,
matt CLC 18621
i am 2nd

e.mason

Quote from: Matt CLC#18621 on December 07, 2020, 12:44:05 PM
SUVs are great, but I love sedans.

I believe sedans will make a come back after a year or two hiatus similar to Ford bringing back the Mustang convertible (circa 1979) and Lido Iacocca introducing the Chrysler K car convertible (circa 1982).

Speaking of Chrysler, how do they get away with using the same body on the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger for 17 years, amazing on all the R&D dollars they have saved.

Regards,
matt CLC 18621
i am 2nd

Just my own personal opinion. Sedans making a comeback?  I don't think it's going to happen in the very near future.  The sales figures show the vast popularity of SUV's and Crossovers.  People have adjusted to the convenience offered by the SUV's.  They usually offer more room.  Are easier to load and unload for routine shopping.  Safer to drive with higher seating and larger rearview mirrors.  Easier to get in and out of. If you want an affordable GM car.  It looks like your only choice is a Chevy Malibu.  Doesn't look like Buick is making any cars for 2021.
Eric Mason

Michael Petti

I think a lot has to do with the CAFE standards. The mileage requirement for sedans was raised very high compared to trucks. Sedans had to become so small you could not a family of five, a dog and their stuff in them, especially for a trip. Before moving to Cadillac I drove full size Buick and Oldsmobile cars. No problem at all getting a family of 5, a dog and all their stuff in the car. Try that in my CTS. I don't think so. Maybe sedans can come back when electrics come out as mileage won't be the issue then.

jdemerson

If I were seeking a new full-size Cadillac Sedan, it would be a 2020 CT6. A few are still out there. If i could afford it, it would be a Platinum model with the Blackwing...

John
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

David King (kz78hy)

Quote from: jdemerson on December 12, 2020, 08:09:33 AM
If I were seeking a new full-size Cadillac Sedan, it would be a 2020 CT6. A few are still out there. If i could afford it, it would be a Platinum model with the Blackwing...

John

That is the best one!  There are about 125 of them made.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

James Landi

I'm old enough to recall the design shift from the '56 models and prior Cadillac model years to the '57 Cadillac models that began to feature designs that were LONG and LOW.  During the 70's, when my 56 SDV was a daily driver, I could park in a crowded parking lot and have no problem finding my beloved 56--- it stood TALL among the long and low.  It was a pleasure to sit high, enter and exit easily, enjoy nearly flat floors, and have a clear view of the road-- front and back--that "driver position" was lovely.  I also recall some folks purchasing Checker Cab cars for the same reasons during the mid 80's.   With the advent of the SUV's, that were primarily marketed for off road with clunky suspensions, and rapidly, over time, the refinements came like the Cadillac SRX, people purchased big box, tall vehicles with refined rides, comforts, and sedan-like driving dynamics.  Time will tell -- but as is often the case, life does tend to repeat itself, so perhaps sedans will make a come back in the future.  Happy day, James