News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1977 Deville, radiator cap

Started by Koa, December 11, 2020, 10:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koa

The "bible" sais: "Cooling system test presure = 16 PSI and cap opens with 12 PSI."
When I  search for a new cap, all of them are 16 PSI. Any Idea, where to get a 12 PSI cap?

I assume, when on the cap stands 16 PSI, it means, the opening presure is 16 PSI = not suitable for my engine.
77 Coupe DeVille 425 ci - federal, red+ white interior
78 Fleetwood Brougham 425 ci - California, white + red int.
98 DeVille with the famous Northstar engine
32 Tatra 57  -  do You know that?

TJ Hopland

I never noticed a 77 saying 12 psi.    16 psi isn't that much different as far as components being able to handle the pressure so I would not worry about stressing the system with the extra 4 pounds if the original spec was indeed 12.   If you had a system that was designed for 4 going to a 16 may be a little much.     The extra 4 pounds does add a few more degrees before boil over which isn't a bad thing in the summer.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

cadillacmike68

What "bible" are you referring to?

This block size took RC-27 from 1969 to 1999. Even my 1968 with an overflow bottle takes the RC-27 cap. Just get an AC Delco RC-27 cap and don't worry about it.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike