News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

cool tool

Started by spolij, December 11, 2020, 02:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spolij

A comb for straightening out the dings in radiator and condenser. It has 6 sets of teeth. Works on small dings cleans fins out. Doesn't work on the top of condense where the fins are really  bent. Maybe i'm taking it too easy because it's plastic. Nice if it was metal.

carlhungness

They make several different ones, some higher quality than others. Great idea. I just bought one to straighten the fins on my '37 LaSalle radiator, but now have decided to replace it with an aluminum one with a trans cooler in the bottom.

TJ Hopland

They do make metal ones too but I don't recall seeing them with all the different sizes on one tool like that.   

IF you are working with the style where you can clearly see the main tube snake through so all you are bending is a thin metal fin you can go at em pretty hard and don't really have to worry about damage.   If its the style more like a radiator where the fins actually have a fluid or gas in em you do have to be a little more careful.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

cadillacmike68

Laurie (Cape Cod Fleetwood) could have used that a couple years ago!
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

59-in-pieces

I've had mine for many many years.
Mine is nylon and not a cheap plastic, so it works gr8 and you don't need to be dainty.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher