News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

77 Seville Conversion

Started by Matt CLC#18621, December 11, 2020, 05:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt CLC#18621

The Tassie Devil(le)

Well, firstly, getting the Ackerman Angle of the steering was probably the last thing on the builders' mind.

Plus, how would it get past the Engineering Authorities for legal Registration for public road use, in any State or Country in the World.   Wouldn't pass down here.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Big Fins

I have to wonder why the seller took no pictures of the car with the top down. Totally 'wrong looking' with the top up.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

TJ Hopland

Wheels don't look to be centered in the openings either.   Maybe more signs of extensive mods?   I assume these had the front and rear sub frames like other Gm unibodies of the era?   So maybe they kinda just attached those to make a more typical frame?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Big Fins on December 11, 2020, 06:58:45 PM
I have to wonder why the seller took no pictures of the car with the top down. Totally 'wrong looking' with the top up.

Looks wrong, period.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

James Landi

Interesting and creative, and apparently well maintained and loved; yet,  he proportions seem off--- causes one to wonder if someone in his great country took this concept (of length/ chopped) and performed additional modifications to get the profile in proportion. Brings to mind that "mini Cadillac sports coupe from the 50's that was identical to the full sized models, but entirely built to be small sized. Would be interesting to know more about this modification-- and as stated, why no top down pictures? 

Big Apple Caddy

A few companies made these shorty Seville convertibles back in the 1970s.  Depending on the conversion, they could more than double the cost of the stock Seville.

GBrown #8092

Looks like it might be a "homebuilt" version of a Milan Roadster.
http://milanroadster.weebly.com/

GB

D.Smith

That's a home built Milan roadster.   You could get one premade by Milan or the do it yourself kit to cut up your own sedan.     As pointed out, the wheelbase doesn't match the shortened body.   I's avoid that one at all costs! 

76eldo

There’s nothing wrong with it.
It’s Donald Duck’s car and that’s how he wanted it.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

INTMD8

TJ Hopland

Was this gen the typical GM front and rear sub frame deal with 'uni body' in the middle?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Matt CLC#18621

What I thought was constructive criticism!

If I ever spoke to Sister Mary Louise Agnes John like this I wouldn't be able to sit!

matt 18621
i am 2nd