News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

A fantasy redesign of a sedan favorite : DTS

Started by James Landi, December 27, 2020, 06:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Landi

Big Apple Caddy

It looks like something that could have been found at a Cadillac dealership 10-15 years ago.  You take a stock DTS and add custom grille, roof, wheels, body kit, etc. and $XX,XXX to the sticker price and there you go.......and with a nice discount, too!  ;D

79 Eldorado

I haven't been a fan of the front end look Cadillac decided would be their theme which shows in the link. To me it looks similar to the ~2005 C/K pick-up trucks. I didn't like when the front end debuted on the pick-up and IMO it has not aged well either. Maybe that's one reason why the "Modern" design looks like it's 15 years old... that would be 2005. After searching that Silverado front I was thinking of seems to have started in 2003.

The look of that rear external sail panel area almost appearing to drop down almost gives the car an impression that it had a half vinyl top where they couldn't figure out where to end the lower edge.

I like when they resurrect cool cars but IMO the look is letting this one down...first impression at least.

Scott