News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Rochester fast-idle speed up control for A/C

Started by J. Gomez, January 03, 2021, 11:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Gomez

Some of you may remember the tech article I shared with our great departed friend Johnny Washburn which he so gratefully included on his Self Starter “Washburn’s Wisdom” on the March 2019 article.

Well “Part Deux” of this is a bit of an issue I found while trying to tune my carburetor. I’ve found a vacuum leak that was present at the solenoid cover and the housing.   >:(

I’m currently documenting my findings and detailing the issues and the mods I made to at least lessen the leak.

If anyone is interested once it is completed just shoot me a PM, it may be a few week before I can get to it. Since I have several pictures and videos as well the file maybe very large so just hoping I can get both added into the document.   ;)
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Lexi

Happy New Year Jose. I will send you a PM. Clay/Lexi

walt chomosh #23510

The CLC is blessed to have people like Jose in it. Always helpful (and accurate) with no BS added. Thanks Jose!....walt...tulsa,ok

J. Gomez

@Clay, @Walt,

Sorry guys I did not forgot about this item I got distracted on another of my wild crazy “winter/hibernation projects”.  ;D

Working on making a module to minimize the bouncing fuel gauge on our cars since the fuel sender bounces like crazy with the non-baffle tanks.   >:(
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

J. Gomez

Well prototype completed, test completed as well and all looks good bouncing the sender does not make the gauge go crazy.  :)  :) Sender is the 32 ohm type with around 2-3 ohm for “E” and around 32-34 ohm for “F”.

The gauge goes to full and back down to the level per the sender once power is apply.

Is a bit rough and had to use what I have at hand but is functional and that is the most important thing, now the thought piece is to get the working gauge out to install the module.   :(
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Bob Kielar

Wow Jose that circuit board is awesome! If you decide to sell these I’ll be first in line. The gauge on my 55 Fleetwood drives me nuts bouncing around.

Keep Cruzin,

Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

J. Gomez

Quote from: Bob Kielar on January 17, 2021, 08:03:51 AM
Wow Jose that circuit board is awesome! If you decide to sell these I’ll be first in line. The gauge on my 55 Fleetwood drives me nuts bouncing around.

Keep Cruzin,

Bob Kielar

bob,

PM send, thanks.
J. Gomez
CLC #23082