News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1970 DeVille front caliper part number

Started by rms70, January 14, 2021, 07:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rms70

Getting parts together to refresh my brakes and I've come across a puzzle.  I don't have all the service records for the car so I'm not certain if the front calipers are original. They're Delco Moraine with a stamping 5483285 (or close to it).  The centric rebuild kit from rock auto for the 70 has a square cut seal that is significantly larger than the one I pulled out of the bore.  They sent me a second set and it's the same too large seal.  My bore measures 2.748 inches and the old seal was 2.747 inches diameter.  I've seen that 71 DeVille series kits are a different centric stock number and there are many more choices.  The car was built in July of 70 if that makes a difference..

Thanks,
                                                   ..  ...                    Rob

Jtl1043@:q.com

almost certain you got what it came  with because I  have a coupe Deville 1970 that's the same   size I Owen mine all this time  redoing catmob that's her name and plate. I will be putting  D52s on her for my Granddaughter who will get Catmob after I pass .

jetaway

Hi  There!
T.K  from Sweden here..
I buy Centric Caliper Piston146,75001 and RepairKit 143,62021 from Rock Auto to my Cadillac Fleetwood 1968 Serie 75 but they dont fit and are to large.(75 mm or about  2 61/64)
Maybe my calipers is changed by the year...
They are Delco Moraine 5463285 LEFT (5483285?) and 6483285RIGHT .
My piston size width:2 3/4 or about 69,8 mm and Height 1 61/64 or about 49,5 mm.
Anchor pins/bolt hole is about 7,09 inch or 180 mm c/c
I have a 12"disc or close to that-hard to measure..
-Do someone know what i have for calipers by the casting numbers?
It dont seems like Cadillac 1968-70 for sure ...
If someone knew its easy to buy correct pistons and seal.
In worst case i have to buy new calipers but then again good to know if its just bolt on

I will be very happy and apriciate very much if someone  could help me out with my problem here!!!

Thanks!
Regards from T.K Sweden

Cadillac Fleetwood

The correct repair kit for 1970 is centric 143.62020.  This part fits calipers with the 2.75" bore.  143.62021 is for later cars with 2.90" caliper bore.  Several of the major parts suppliers list the wrong part in their database as being correct for 1970.  Order the "143.562020" and you'll get the correct one.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

jetaway

Hi again!
Thank You Charles for that info!!!!! :)

Maybe i need piston too.....
Does someone here now if piston also is to be found? My piston size width:2 3/4" or about 69,8 mm and Height 1 61/64" or about 49,5 mm.
And with part number ?

I have contact Centric ,Carlson and some more but no positive feedback from them yet...

Thanks!
Regards from T.K Sweden