News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1953 Fleetwood interior trim questions

Started by Snags, January 15, 2021, 02:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snags

Anyone know if the B-pillar interior trim piece is the same for all sedans 50-53?  I've got a 53 Fleetwood and need to find a replacement.
I tried looking in the master parts list 1946-1958 but it is confusing because the illustrations for interiors only cover 58-55.

Also, I need to replace the trim piece that has two channels to hold the rear of the kick panels and also the wind lace in place.  Is that specific part unique to a body style, or a universal part??

Thanks,
Randy

Cadman-iac

Randy,

I don't know about the B-post part on that year, but the kick panel retainer is the same regardless of the bodystyle. Since all of them have the same front sheet metal and dash assembly, those are as well. It's from there back that things get specific.
HTH,

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

The part you are looking for is Gr. 34.8700, Trim, Center Pillar (Made up) . There are four part numbers depending on whether you trim is Tan, Gray, Blue or Green. From the attached pics it appears to be covered with fabric very similar to the lighter color on your door panels. The physical part may interchange with the 62 sedan but upholstered with 62 Series fabric. Therefore the part number would be different.
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Snags

Thanks for the help, gents.

Anyone know why the Master Parts Book doesn't have a illustration for the 1953 interiors??

Snags

Another question about the color of the ostrich skin transfer on my 53 Fleetwood.  I have a light/dark blue interior and my ostrich skin transfer has a greenish hue.  But the factory brochure has a picture of a Fleetwood with my color blue interior and the transfer looks light blue.  Do you think mine is greenish due to fading?

1st picture is my car.
2nd picture is from Cadillac brochure and shows the transfer being light blue, like the door panels.