News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

CTS coupe feedback

Started by atime, January 15, 2021, 06:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atime

I am looking at a couple of CTS coupes this weekend. I really liked them when they first came out but never drove one. How is the reliability of these, any common problems to look for?
Thanks for any advice

Rich S

I have a 2013 CTS Coupe that I purchased brand new with nine miles on it. It has been a great car, requiring only routine service, and it now has 53,000 plus miles on it. I have the CTS Performance Coupe with all available options except all-wheel-drive. The car has a 3.6 liter Direct Injection engine. I have the FE3 Sport Suspension which includes 19" wheels and tires and my car has automatic level control and Brembo brakes--these features were included with the "Stealth Blue Special Edition" option that my car is equipped with, along with Twilight Blue Alcantara Suede and Leather Interior, and a blacked-out grill, and the V-Series dark wood trim and rear center high stop lamp that is a larger spoiler. I traded in a 2008 CTS-4 Sedan with the same engine and all-wheel-drive, also a reliable car, but my experience is that the "build quality" improved between 2008 and 2013. My 2013 CTS Coupe is free of rattles or squeaks and it rides more solidly on rough road surfaces. I would suggest a 2013 or 2014 CTS Coupe as during later model years, the back-up camera and "side blind-zone alert" features became standard, and most seem to feature the back-up sensors in the rear bumper. There was a "Touring Package" option introduced around 2014 and it featured Recaro bucket seats and other extras, and those CTS Coupes with that option are really nice, too.

There was recently a similar discussion here:    http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=162866.0

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe