News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 series 61 rocker panels

Started by falcongto@hotmail.com, January 20, 2021, 06:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falcongto@hotmail.com

Looking for some tech advice.  I have a 41 series 61 2 door I’m restoring.  My rocker panels are toast and need to be completely replaced.  I’ve been doing some research and it looks like no one makes a repop.  If that is indeed the case what would be the next closest model available that I could modify to work?  It looks like a 41 Chevy/Pontiac/Buick is similar enough but not sure.  Length isn’t so much of an issue as the side/section profile being close.  I’m not quite at the skill level to fab these from scratch so I need some type of starting point to modify at least.  Any help or intel would be very much appreciated.

falcongto@hotmail.com

Update to this.  I bought some 41-48 Chevy rockers from EMS and they are incredibly close to working.  I need to extend them down slightly and increase that lower sectional radius but other than that they are a great starting point.