News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Eldorado - Paint for engine

Started by mike@126selfstorage.com, January 26, 2021, 04:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike@126selfstorage.com

I pulled the 500CID EFI from my 1976 Eldorado as part of the restoration. I want to paint it the factory blue. I can not find the paint code. Can anyone help?

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Leary75

I recently painted mine and used KBS motor coaster.  They offered a Cadillac dark blue paint that was close to the original.   I attached a pic.  I paired it with a metallic orange for the valve covers.  I am happy with the paint, I used a foam brush, and would recommend having spares as the enamel eats through the brush quickly. 
Good luck!
- Brian
1976 Eldorado Convertible

Leary75

Also, mine was a factory Eli engine, but I changed it to a sniper TBI unit..  I have most of the engine fuel system, and a few other spares.  If you need anything, pm me, and if I have it, it’s yours

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Keep in mind the air cleaner is gold with blue stenciling on a fuel injection engine. Where to get the proper gold paint I can’t answer.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

bcroe

Quote from: Leary75Also, mine was a factory Eli engine, but I changed it to a sniper TBI unit..  I have most of the engine fuel system, and a few other spares.  If you need anything, pm me, and if I have it, it’s yours.

The precious part of an original 76 EFI is the ECU, have seen them
on Evil Bay for a K.   If it needs repair before you send it off, send
it here first.  Bruce Roe

Leary75

Quote from: bcroe on January 26, 2021, 09:26:09 PM
The precious part of an original 76 EFI is the ECU, have seen them
on Evil Bay for a K.   If it needs repair before you send it off, send
it here first.  Bruce Roe

Bruce, I have the ecu, but it would not fire the injectors when I removed it.  I will send you a message.  It was the reason I switched to the Sniper.