News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'66 DeVille Convertible front (stereo) speaker grills

Started by joeinbcs, January 27, 2021, 10:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeinbcs

Howdy,
The dash on my car is in decent shape, but the speaker grills in the corners have been warped over the years, and look a little goofy as they are convex instead of concave...or...well, they curve in the opposite direction from the dash.  Probably not much help for them.  Just wondering if anybody has replaced them with something similar...can't find any NOS examples, and I suppose most of the used ones would have the same problem.
Thanks, Joe
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
College Station, TX  77845
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

1967 Eldorado, Atlantis Blue Firemist (slick top), Blue leather.

Cadillac Fleetwood

I have a pair of original 1966-only stereo speaker grilles that are not warped or damaged.  The correct speaker grilles are of metal, and have a slight convex curve to match the dash top.  PM sent.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"