News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Deville Defroster Vent Gasket Replacement

Started by Daryl Chesterman, February 05, 2021, 01:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl Chesterman

I had to remove the dash pad to install a new speedometer cable and fix some electrical wiring problems, and would like to replace the defroster vent gaskets.  Does someone have pictures of correctly installed gaskets?  I have attached pictures of the left and right vents with what is left of the brittle gaskets.  The left side one was not glued on very well as the right half of it was broken off and there was no glue residue where the piece is missing.  I noticed the new gaskets have a slit in the rubber that goes most of the length of the gasketâ€"what is the purpose of the slit and should the gasket be installed with the slit on the bottom or the top?  All pictures and suggestions for a proper installation are much appreciated.

Daryl Chesterman