News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

67 radio repair/replace

Started by lou-q, February 17, 2021, 05:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lou-q

I got a call today from the restoration shop that's working on our 67 convertible that had a fire in the dashboard.  The radio was burnt, and the one from the donor car doesn't work.  They would like to put the radio in before they finish putting the dash together.  Does anyone have a suggestion where I can have the radio serviced or where I can buy a working replacement? 

Thanks,

Lou-Q
Lou Quirch    CLC#26694
39-6127 coupe
67 DeVille convertible Venetian Blue
67 DeVille convertible Doeskin SOLD
67 Corvette Marina Blue Roadster
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary Black Convert
2020 Shelby GT500 Magnetic Metallic
67 DeVille convertible Donor car for parts
3 F250 Ford P/Us

phildeville@cox.net

I have a working  radio (AM only) if interested. 

Phil
Phil Terry  CLC# 15270

lou-q

Thanks,
I would like AM/FM. I found some on E Bay that I'm going to check out tomorrow. There are some new ones and some refurbished.
What do you all think, new or refurbished?  Stereo or not?
Lou Q
Lou Quirch    CLC#26694
39-6127 coupe
67 DeVille convertible Venetian Blue
67 DeVille convertible Doeskin SOLD
67 Corvette Marina Blue Roadster
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary Black Convert
2020 Shelby GT500 Magnetic Metallic
67 DeVille convertible Donor car for parts
3 F250 Ford P/Us

Cadillac Fleetwood

Quote from: lou-q on February 17, 2021, 06:35:36 PM
Thanks,
I would like AM/FM. I found some on E Bay that I'm going to check out tomorrow. There are some new ones and some refurbished.
What do you all think, new or refurbished?  Stereo or not?
Lou Q
Sorry to read about your dash fire.  The dash top is different in a car with an AM or AM-FM monaural radio.  A stereo-equipped car has two dash speakers, rather than the centrally-mounted one. Moreover, the AM-FM stereo radio has a separate, remotely mounted amplifier unit which is placed above the glove box, and connected to the radio with a thick, nine-pin connector. An auxiliary wire harness connects to a second rear speaker as well.  I have a cosmetically nice 1967-68 AM-FM monaural radio that works.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"