News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Let's go skiing. We can take the convertible!

Started by D.Smith, February 18, 2021, 07:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

The car has 1951 Rhode Island plates on it.   He must have snow tires on it. Just a daily driver to him. Check out the unique ski rack made for the convertible.

James Landi

Ouch-- I can hear the rust mites eating away at that classic even though there's no audio. Did you ask him if he'd sell it to you?   Thanks for posting, even though it's somewhat sad to view.    James

D.Smith

Quote from: James Landi on February 18, 2021, 10:11:18 AM
  Did you ask him if he'd sell it to you? 

I wasn't alive in 1951.   LOL.

It was just a new car to him then.

James Landi

Well, you had me, my friend.  I'm speculating some fool inherited this lovely convertible and is "using it up" before our eyes. I was born in '45, and most cars from the war years through the next 4 decades would rust away in five years-- Cadillacs would last longer, but they would likely become "smokers"-- leaving long trials of blue smoke as their piston rings would wear out after 100,000 miles, old Cadillacs at around tens years old would have blowby smoke coming from under the engines--- this was before PCV were installed.  Thanks for posting the wonderful picture (and setting me straight)   James