News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

A question for "The Tassie Devil(le), moderator

Started by rbrown7713, February 25, 2021, 12:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbrown7713

I am restoring a 1937 Cadillac model 60 from the ground up.  The whole thing is in parts in my garage.  I want to place my posts in the proper section, so, my question is,  how can I determine when my 37 Cadillac project can go in the restoration  section and when my post is change to the general section.  I recently posted my steering wheel adapter procedure, part of the 37 Cad. restoration project, and it was removed to the general discussion section.  How do I decide what part of my restoration project either goes in the general discussion area and when I can post in the restoration project area. Thank you, Robert Brown.
Robert Brown
1937 Cadillac model 60, on a 73 Buick frame
A&P mechanic
US Army helicopter pilot 25th Inf. 25 avn. bat.
I build 1:32 scale trains

Abe Lugo

Robert, You may want to try to do an intro on the restoration forum with images of how you got the vehicle and what you have done explaining your process. Also explain that it will be your restoration build.

Also some of the post like the steering adapter are more of the modified chapter than here, as you are going a non-original route on your restoration in some aspects.

I actually like seeing both (restoration notes and process and some modification) and don't mind it but, not sure what what the mods or the particular forum rules seems to be in that regard.

On another note, I actually have seen post living in there that go like this..

1. Here is what I had (someone else do) done on my car.
2. Its much better now.
3. This company did a good job on my car.
4. Here is a pretty picture you can all look at of my car.

But not in the process format. so who knows?

Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Robert,

Thank you for the question.   There are a couple of reasons why posts get moved and shuffled around.

Firstly, I apologise for not immediately advising you as to the reason for the moving of your post, which is a process that I try to do, but for some reason, I slipped up in this instance.

The heading at the top of the Restoration Forum states:
Please note that this Forum is open for Members actually performing a restoration on their vehicle, be it a total or partial restoration .   As the opening heading says  “Tell us about your restoration project!”

This Restoration Forum is not to be used for Members wanting parts or simple everyday fixes to parts that have simply broken down or worn out in normal every-day use.   Non-compliant messages will be relocated to their correct Forum.

As Abe said in his post:
Also some of the post like the steering adapter are more of the modified chapter than here, as you are going a non-original route on your restoration in some aspects.

For your restoration of your car, I suggest that you start a Post, showing your intentions, and include pictures and restoration step you have taken thus far, and when continuing, continue to post in the same post, as many before you have done.   Head it something like "Restoring my 1937 Cadillac Model 60"   This way, there will be a continuation of your restoration, which could go on ad infinitum, like others are.

When modifications come into a Restoration, unless the modification is a minor part of the overall restoration, and a necessity, they will be looked at, and if necessary, repositioned within the Forum, as a Restoration is a restoration.    Plus, safety modifications will normally remain in the overall Restoration, as in cases like Seat Belts, these are the best modification that can be done to any vehicle, but they have to be properly done.

There is the Modified Chapter of the CLC which is the right place for discussing modifications.   This is at   https://www.modifiedcadillac.org/   You would be surprised what goes on over there.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

rbrown7713

Thank you for your explanation and I think that the modified area would be more suitable for my project, since it is not a pure restoration and the body is mounted on a 73 Buick frame, thanks again, Bob.
Robert Brown
1937 Cadillac model 60, on a 73 Buick frame
A&P mechanic
US Army helicopter pilot 25th Inf. 25 avn. bat.
I build 1:32 scale trains

The Tassie Devil(le)

Ah ha..... The plot thickens.

Yes, definitely a modified vehicle.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe