News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Side glass for a 1960 Cadillac Coupe De Ville

Started by algerb, February 27, 2021, 11:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

algerb

Hi to All.  I am new to this forum.  I am back to building a 1960 Cadillac Coupe de Ville project which I purchased 10 years ago as a gutted car with boxes of parts.  This winter I took up the project again and recently discovered that the side glass and frames that were in the car are not the correct ones.  I purchased casting numbers #4308233 and #4308232 on Ebay which were advertised as being the right ones, had them shipped, eventually making their way to Canada.  They do not fit.  I am looking for help finding the correct side glass with frames.  I have discovered the casting number #LN4301621 is the number that appears on a left hand rear glass from a 1960 Coupe de Ville.  I need all 4 side glass with frames for my project.  I am hoping that someone knows someone who has the sideglass that I need.
Also, can anyone tell me what the incorrect glass I purchased will fit?  I am also in need of rear bumper ends.  Thanks

76eldo

Welcome to the CLC Message Forum.  1960 is one of my favorite years.  Unfortunately I don't have any of the window parts for you but try Brian Faul in PA.
His email is cadillac32v@hotmail.com.

There is also Cliff who goes under the name Cadcliff here on the board.  You can search for him by doing a member search here on the board.

There is another guy to try, Steve Barletta in Syracuse, NY.  He is on Facebook and has a lot of parts.

Good luck with your search!

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

M. Bankes

Hi,
I’m in Ontario and I may have the glass you need, I’d have to check to see if I do or not, I should have atleast some of the pieces, but not all if I remember right
Thanks
Michael

David King (kz78hy)

David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

fishnjim

You can get new glass from Ball's aka vintage glass. also.   www.vintageglass.com   I've used them.
I'm didn't follow the part about Canada, but there's a few parts yards where you might find frames/doors for it in the southwest USA.   Or the major swop meets, etc.   Some of this stuff you have to scour the sources and keep on top of it.  There's 2 that show '60, the one in WVa and the one in NC.   But that's advertising, not inventory.
I'm not sure you can trace those parts from "casting" numbers.   Some have parts number cast in and some are numbers used to identify the work at the foundry, etc.   I'll run 'em down, if I get some extra time.  But that's outside my good info.   A lot of places mark parts with year and make, and not model, so it's my guess, probably for another model '60.   
Since they seem to be missing rather than bad, it's not a help but if you get new ones in that aren't good, those parts can be rechromed.   The channel run and weather stripping is available from the usual sources also, when you get to that point.   
Sometimes, projects get stalled for parts, so that's probably what happened here, the PO didn't have all the parts.  So it's a real crap shoot when you start from boxes, and no knowledge of how they fit back together.   Something to think about for the masses when looking for projects.

59-in-pieces

Albert - Al,

Where are you and the car.
Post some - no many in and out - As Is photos - WE LIKE THAT.

What do you think is your skill level for restoration, and your goal for the finished - Humpty Dumpty - when finished.

If you need to round up ALL the flat glass & frames, let me suggest that buying new frames with glass installed is the quick way to go, in terms of cost and speed - ready to install.
Provided you have all the guts to make the windows go up and down - regulators and power motors - you didn't mention if they are missing too.

Gr8 forum to join - lots of experience here, and folks ready to help with all the details of the car you have chosen.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher